To develop the appropriate Human Resource mechanisms in the Public Service to attract, develop and retain a cadre of professionals capable of delivering quality service to all stakeholders, thereby sustaining national development
To transform the Public Service into a dynamic, efficient, principled organisation capable of delivering quality service.
- To serve the Public Service and the Police Commissions and to perform the functions as set out in sections 78 and 85 of the St.Vincent Constitution 1979.
- To manage Civil Service matters.
- To administer the general regulations relating to the Civil Service.
- To initiate and review policies affecting Public Service Personnel, Training and the general management of the Training Programme, including Scholarships, with the advice of the Training Committee.
- The improvement of management procedures and practices in Ministries/Department through Training Programmes.
- To facilitate the recruitment, selection, placement and retention of quality workers.
- To make optimum use of the knowledge and skills of all who demonstrate the potential for excellence.
- To develop appropriate programmes for officers who do not meet required standards.
- To implement and enforce the various Civil Service Orders, Public Service Regulations and Statutes governing the management of the Public Service.
- To enhance the responsiveness and the quality of service provided by the Service Commissions Department.
- To enhance Human Resources throughout the State through the development and delivery of quality programmes.
- To undertake Training Needs Assessment to adequately plan and deliver quality training programmes.
- To provide guidance counselling to Public Officers and to Citizens seeking to pursue University studies.
- To identify and source funds for training programmes.
- To identify Resource Personnel to facilitate/deliver quality training programmes.
- Public Servants and the General Public